Qatar Cycling Federation in partnership with Losail Circuit Sports Club and Qatar Cyclists announces the launch of cycling coaching for children. Sessions are run by UCI qualified coaches under the supervision of QCF and are held in a safe, traffic-free environment at Losail International Circuit.
Sessions run every Wednesday 5:00pm – 6:00pm from November onwards, except when the circuit is closed for motorsport events.
- Each child must provide his/her own bicycle and wear an approved cycling helmet.
- Parents are not required to be present during sessions but must sign a liability waver at the start.
Is Your Child Ready?
Your child should be able to ride unassisted without training wheels.
The sessions develop cycling skills and the programme builds each week to the point where children will be confident riding in a group and will compete in a mini-race. It is best if your child attends regularly in order to benefit from the progression in coaching from one week to the next.
Coaching is age appropriate and will be run in the following age groups:
- Group 1 – 6 to 7 years
- Group 2 – 8 to 9 years
- Group 3 – 10 to 11 years
- Group 4 – 12+ years
Arrival & Registration
- To ensure a place is available for you it is advisable to reserve a place
- At the entrance to Losail Circuit you will be directed by marshals to parking.
- On arrival, complete the usual Losail Circuit registration and then meet next to the Qatar Cyclists garage in the pit area – look for the Kids Session