Free, timed race events exclusively for our Club members which take place roughly once a month.
QAR 70 fee for NON CLUB members who wish to also race. Please bring along your QID to receive chip, will be returned after race with chip return. Lost chips will be charged at QAR 500 per chip.
They are usually short races with a standard distance of 1km swim and 5km run, or a shorter enticer distance, geared towards beginners and juniors. These are a great way to check your progress over the season and prepare for triathlons, particularly open-water events. We try to keep the runs lap-based, which is more social, and hopefully you can see your lap times improve over the season. In the cooler months leading up to the Ironman 70.3 races in Sri Lanka and Muscat in February and March, we hold longer 'maxi distance' events up to 2km swim and 10km run. Additionally, club aquathlons are a category in the Club Championship and participation gives you points towards placing in this series category
Frequent, low maintenance races....
There are no bells and whistles with these races; no medals, no podiums, no sign-up, no waivers and no payment. A couple of volunteers arrive 20 minutes before to lay down the timing loops and a couple of members help place the swim buoys and we're ready to go. All club members are entered into the race so you just need to show up with your own timing chip and do the race. Please bring your own timing chip, we don't carry spares; no chip, no time. There is no water or refreshments on the course so members must bring their own water for the race.
After the adults races, we typically organise a short aquathlon for the smaller kids who can't swim 500m and members stick around to assist directing and cheering on the kids (however not at MIA Park as the water is too deep)
Fantastic Locations and Group Breakfast Deals
We are lucky enough to have top locations for our Club Aquathlons; KEMPINSKI HOTEL , Sharq Village Hotel and GRAND HYATT HOTEL . There are breakfast deals at the hotels and after the MIA Park, we choose a nearby breakfast at a hotel.
Swim for a Cause Aquathlons at Sharq Village
In the 2018-2019 season we will partner with the Sharq Village Hotel to support their "Swim for a cause" events which will double up as Club Aquathlons. Proceeds for their events will go to charity providing safe and clean drinking water for those in need. Sharq Village suggests a QAR50 donation to swim for a cause for participating, however your contribution is up to you. Participants will be eligible for the race prizes, however note that although the race will not be officially timed and non-TriClub Members will also compete for the prizes, TriClub Doha members using their own active chips will receive a time for the race after the event and this will count towards the Club Championship.
Club Event Rules & Other Information
- Please dress appropriately; minimum triathlon suits, no bare chests, no running in swimsuits
- Time-trial style event; Timing Starts when your chip crosses start line with chip. No "mass start' required
- Bring your own water; no water will be available on run route; set up own water station intransition
- No littering on course, dispose of your own litter; respect our hosts
- Safety is number 1 concern; give way to moving vehicles at all times
- Results will be posted to triclub website live timing on Saturday evening.
What to bring
- Your personal mylaps timing chip
- TriSuit or swim suit. T-Shirt for run if not running in your TriSuit
- Running Shoes
- Towel - can lay out your shoes, hat etc.
- Water for drinking...bring a spare bottle that you can leave on the run course to swig a drink during the laps
- Water for washing sand of your feet; helpful if a squirty bottle - some people bring a basin!
- Hat for run
- Sunglasses for run
- Did I mention you mylaps timing chip (why not leave it in your car now?)