QTri launch virtual fitness challenge
June 20, 2021
Something to get you motivated: QTri triathlon club has launched a virtual multisport challenge for June and July. Named after their inspirational Island Race Series, this year’s event in fact allows athletes to complete the legs while meeting MoPH regulations for amateur sports. Athletes are free to complete the challenge anywhere in a socially isolated place, anytime during the two week window and record their time and distance using GPS. There are two personal fitness challenges to complete:
Salifa Island Aquathlon
Complete a 750m swim and a 5km run between Thursday 17th Jun – Sunday 27 Jun (results to be submitted by 12:00 noon Mon 28 June)
Bin Ghanim Island Duathlon
Complete a 5km run, 20km bike and a 2.5km run between Thursday 1st July – Sunday 11 July (results to be submitted by 12:00 noon Mon 12 July)
How it works
- QTRI is operating the QTri Island races (virtual) in partnership with Trails Sport Events
- Sign up online – Register here
- Complete the distance, any time, anywhere – There are two 10 day windows in which to complete the required distances for the aquathon and duathlon.
- Upload the results – Results upload link will be emailed to all registered athletes. Upon completion, upload the distance, time and proof of completion before 12 noon on the published cut-off date.
- Race results will be displayed on the website two days following each race.
- Medals & swag delivered to athlete’s home 3 weeks after the event – Bespoke medals will be delivered to athletes to their home 3 weeks (max) after the completion of the 2 race series. There is no delivery service outside of Qatar. The bespoke swag pack contains aquathlon finisher medal, duathlon finisher medal, T-Shirt, visor, bag.